View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 01:50 AM   #1
Sarolite

Sarolite is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sarolite Send a message via MSN to Sarolite
Unhappy

I have read up what I could find on the topic, and I'd like some clarification on what is "their side of the bargain" as it applies to reasons why builders have just cause to retract licence to their areas. In my case, I have caught the administration taking my name off the credits to my work twice. (Once replacing my name with an implementor's name in the credits field of a nearly complete area, and once taking my name off a big list of useful things that I compiled in my room in the immortal area, leaving it as blank.)

Shortly after I stopped building and imming for this mud due to personal conflicts, I wrote an in-game note (to the implementors and CC to all immortals) explicitly stating that they had right to use my work if, and only if, they did not alter copyright notices or credits, or take my
name off my work in any way. A couple of days later, all 5 of my mortals on the play port had been vaped, and both the IP I use at home and at work had been site banned. They vape me on sight every time I try to log on, and will not discuss the reasons for my site ban with me. I can't even get on long enough to type area and see if my credits are still there.

I believe I have a valid reason to be concerned that they are keeping me away from the mud so that I do not discover that they are not upholding what I have deemed to be "their side of the bargain." I believe that this is enough reason for me to ask them to remove my areas from their mud, regardless of implied or "oral" consent to use the areas that may have been given while I was building them. Am I correct?
Sarolite is offline   Reply With Quote