View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 01:40 AM   #1
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
Ok, this is a quasi rant about the previous review posted, and sort of not, but the review will help explain my point (I hope).

Feudal Realms requires players to write a bio of their character and submit it for approval before they can do certain things within the game.  There are serveral staff members who read over the bios for editing, theme, grammar, etc, and then they are posted on our website for people to read.  Most do get approved, some do not.  The player in question who wrote the review posted the following bio...

********************* start bio *********************

Darkness is the only true home to myself. Yet, I can walk the day. Day walking...The gift of the part of me I hate so much. I have never wished to be born of a human. It is a disgrace. What can I do? So few of my kindred are left. I walk the day, thanks to the human blood that taints my veins.

My father was full blood, but he had unusual tastes. He enjoyed to take human women. So evil of him. Seduce them, bed them, use their body as a capsul for a son, then eat them. Perhaps it  is from him that I inhereted my sadistic tendancies. I have them none the less. I enjoy to hunt my prey. Only women. Their fear saturates the air as they are chased. They know they are hunted...That is what I am. The hunter. Rarely do I not kill. Few times do I allow my prey to live, but it has happend. Being undead has it's advantages and disadvantages. The advantages out weigh the disadvantages by far.

Under a knight I trained for some time. He did not know what I was. He was used...He taught, I learned, I killed. It was that simple. It is a simple edict of life. Eat or be eaten. Hunt or be hunted. I will not be hunted.

Years have taught me how to use my abilities. I have mastered them. I have become  Knight of the Undead. A Knight of Darkness. That is who I am.

Growth. It happens. I have looked to be near 25 for most of my life, when I am actually centuries old. It has always been fun. Scaring women, tasting women...torturing women. Oh the screams! Music to my ears. That is what keeps me going for the women. Men try to act strongs, but die quickly. Women will hold on, and figt for dear life. There screams are so delicate. I could listen to them for hours. And hours I have.

I have taken in a slave. Young. Fragile. Curruptable. She is human only by my will. Soon, I shall make her mine.

In the night...Darkness breeds...I am that Darkness.

********************* end bio *********************

Now, as the player points out in the review, our banner says we cater to all flavors of fantasy characters.  Now, think back to a movie not long ago...Wesley Snipes, sunglasses, big black car, lots of blood...hmmm, reminds you of that bio now doesn't it?

There -are- things which people cannot just randomly pop up as on Feudal Realms, and the players (for the most part) do know this.  Among these are random nobles, lycanthropes, drow, dragons, and vampires.  In the past we have had people try, and they are summarily squashed as they are found.  There are also instances when someone will make a character which does not even come close to fitting into one of the ten clans/groups/houses which we have established.  They demand that a new house/order/clan be made which "fits their character".

Honestly, why is it that people insist on making a character that blatantly does not fit into an established world and it's roleplay?  Anyone know?
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote