View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 08:14 PM   #45
Fifi

Fifi is on a distinguished road
Maraz,

I hear you. You make some good points. I'm not saying someone shouldn't make a mud that's reflective of a time that is restrictive. However, I don't know if I want to play there. It's not that I want a fantasy world to be better than real life, but I do want it to be interesting. If I'm going to tell a story, I want to tell a story that appeals to me on some level. Other people can write those other stories. I wonder too, if this society that Prof envisions is restrictive only to women. I think the real glaring differences between the modern world and the middle ages are things like bad teeth, a lack of comfort, entertainment and fullfilment. Even the idea of fullfillment. Most people in the time of chivalry were not knights. They were tenant dirt farmers eeking out an existence and hoping for a better one in the afterlife. And even the knights had lice and wiped their hands on dogs instead of napkins. Gender inequality was a privlege. Most men didn't have enough for women to envy them for it.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote