Thread: MUD: at school
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 12:12 PM   #6
Yui Unifex

Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

I always loved this silly argument. Perhaps one needs to play a game every once in a while to clear their mind so that they can continue with their schoolwork more efficiently? Precedence for this is pretty easy to find two days of every week. One is not a slave, even on company / school time. Do you put a picture of your family on your desk at work?

Furthermore, you both assume this is something that the administrators of the network want to actively restrict. Many, many times they simply setup a firewall and leave it alone because they don't know how to configure it for much else. Why do you think so many poorly configured firewalls drop ICMP?

To the OP:
You can try to find Java mud clients to get around output restrictions. If you have a friend that runs a server, you can have him setup a shell to listen on the AIM port, and from there you can telnet or use a unix mudclient. My preferred method is to use ssh, which has port forwarding facilities, and encrypts all text. You need a shell account that has ssh however. You can also setup a system at home to forward your connections. Let me know what your options are.
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote