View Single Post
Old 11-27-2003, 03:21 AM   #14
CandidatusLupus

CandidatusLupus is on a distinguished road
Okay. To begin with, this is not CandidatusLupus, but her cousin. I don't have a name.

-----------------------------------------------

Anyway, It seems to me that you want to have these troublemakers go away, but don't want to do anything to make them do so. See, in my opinion, you either need to give the MUD to someone else and put someone else in charge (someone who can do the job without hesitance) or you need to buckle down and show them who is boss.

Your stituation seems to remind me of a mud that I was an Imm on. The problem with the immortals and the players and basically the MUD in general was that the imms refused to treat players equally and to enforce the punishments no matter what.

For example, Bob would go and  get in trouble. Bob's punishment should be banishment, but nooooo, the immortals didn't want to do the 'dirty work' as I believe it was previously called. They just poked Bob, scolded him, and told him to be a good little player. This happened several times until my cousin and I left the MUD.

You need to create a punishment for most rules that you can think of that can be broken, and stick to it, no matter what. The punishments should never be lowered a little bit. Actually, they may need raising for some. That is at your discretion.

I understand that it may seem like I am all "DESTROY PLAYERS! PUNISHMENT = GOOD!!!!!", but I'm not really. That's basically what it takes to keep your players in line. Ah. I know how horrible I sound.

Amnon, you are just going to have to pwipe the chars that caused the trouble, set up a newbie ban on AOL for a month or two, and make sure that you don't see those IPs when you come back. And treat all following players accordingly.

Another thing is, that it seemed to me like you were a little -too- worried about what damage the players could do. As people stated before, if it looks like a flamer, sounds like a flamer, and acts like a flamer, it prolly is a flamer.  Unless you have done something worth being scared about, don't worry about it.

Well, that's my 200 cents.

No more comments from the peanut gallery.

-Zinnia
CandidatusLupus is offline   Reply With Quote