Thread: Recommand a MUD
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shadowmaster
I hate to 'slam' Forsaken Lands, but I've played both of these MUD's, and the truth is FL is on life support, if not dying. CF is a far superior MUD in almost every aspect, and in fact FL is a derivative of the CF codebase.

CF has more players, more skills, more races, more customization, more and better areas (and I built some of FL's best, so I am not blowing smoke up your ass here), more and better players, more involved and restrained immstaff, better all around RP, and better forums as well. Frankly the only thing better about FL that I can tell to a prospective player is that there is less bull****/mindless lowbie/mid-rank pk. Of course, having not played on FL in some time, this may have changed.

I know this sounds like an ad for CF but the truth is CF is a far superior MUD on almost every level. Just to drive the knife in a little deeper, the irony of Chayesh being an IMP on FL should be a sign enough for prospective players to leave this MUD alone. I'd avoid FL and come check out CF. Oh and by the way, I am in no way affiliated with CF's staff, and in fact am probably not very well thought of by them.

Good gaming!
Shadowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote