View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 09:19 PM   #5
karlan

karlan is on a distinguished road
Arrow

I still use macros (in the MUD code) as an alias to globals *shudder* as in the EXIT example (which is from stock) in my first post, but I have been replacing any multiline macro as I get to it (I work as a programmer during the day, and so it is a low priority (as I add a feature, if I would need a macro, I go and replace it), since at the moment I would rather relax by adding a feature I would like to see , breakable exits at the moment, than cleaning up others code (*ponder* relaxing from coding, by going home and coding - MUDs do make you insane)

Also, while I do use _ _LINE_ _ and _ _FILE_ _ at work, it is only ever inside preprocessor stuff, since I try to make my error messages less technical (NO "General Protection Fault" crud) and I do not feel that the end user of a release version needs to know that the "error occured in Line 25, of file "\\BOB\c drive\contour\dev\surf.cpp", rather I tell them "An error has occurred in the "LycaImprt.dll" please inform....", and I guess I carry some of that over to MUD stuff too.

<std keep me from trouble notice>
NOTE: the examples above are purely that, examples (except where indicated), they are not related to any real copyrighted projects or products, and any similarity is unintentional
karlan is offline   Reply With Quote