View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road
Re: may start a mud: what would you prefer?

SnowTroll, no cybersex, sorry. Not going to happen; I do have some respect for the idea of quality. If you need that, go find an urban fantasy novel or something; there's quite a few out there that people think are...a bit explicit.

KaVir, I like that idea kind of; do you mean a small mud or just a game in general? My problem is that I'm an overachiever, kind of; my project ideas are long, complex, and usually are an excuse to read wikipedia articles and various tutorials about, for instance, x86 assembly (which I did for fun, once; I can understand the basics of it).

And, a generic response; I wasn't asking what the community "wanted", not really. Asking what the community wants is a way to serve another purpose: to find out what would bring in players. The issue is the threshold of players required to keep players on long enough to try; one sollution to this is the aforementioned questline, such that the game is fun to an extent solo. That said, I can probably get a few people to log in, from various places; I'd be on i3, and I think there's an advertising channel on that too. Also, running events is always a good way: be on at 9 every Saturday for such-and-such; if you're new come try then because there will be players. I was, in short, trying to find not something that everyone wants, but something that, if done, would at least get people to try; it is also my opinion that we don't need yet another fantasy mud with dnd mages under another name,. To be honest, there's a ton of rpi muds out there with features that'd be good for hack and slash; no one seems to do that, for instance. Ideally, that's what I'd want to do, add the crafting and skill system and such of an rpi into a hack and slash mud. But that's only my thought on the matter, and the only way to really know is to make it and seel.

Unfortunately, the mud community is stable, meaning that most have a fixed mud. I play here, that is all. It may also be dieing, but then again, it may not; I can't read the various graphs that people have made because of the aforementioned blindness.
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote