View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: Daily Awesome Fun on Threshold RPG!

Be a douche anyway. PR is as much a part of running a business as the rest of it. You make enough money to eat, rent an office, and pay a few employees from running what likely began as a hobby. I can't speak for the rest of the regulars around here, but I'm always interested in hearing how other people managed to turn something they vaguely enjoy into a livelihood. Those are inspiring types of stories.

I toil in an office all day long to barely pay the mortgage and feed a family, get yelled at, and get things thrown at me, and I have three degrees. I'd set out on my own if I thought I had a prayer at succeeding, but I'm a social retard who isn't comfortable with (and sucks at) convincing third-parties to willingly pay me thousands of dollars for services they probably don't need. I spend half my day whoring my resume around town (and all over the country), even ready to uproot my family and relocate the second I get a better offer, which will probably suck just as bad as my current job after I get settled in. But I digress. Post more news.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote