View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 01:52 AM   #76
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: What are the differences between a MUD and a MUSH?

There's no "rip" going on for me. I'm just speaking my personal experience. I have a certain set of guidelines I follow before playing a game at all, especially when Roleplay is involved. When I login to a mud and see a leveling guide like on Threshold, thing's are going to go downhill very fast. Also the character generation isn't conducive of roleplaying at all, with the explosion of colors on the screen and the multitude of numbers and metagaming systems you have to wade through.

Misao has very similar requirements to my own enjoyment of roleplay he just doesn't see that true RPI's hold the features he's seeking, obviously. You can't login to ANY mud/mush/MU* and instantly get gratified with good writing and roleplay. You have to find your niche on that game because many games cater to many different types of people and roleplay. Unfortunately MUSHes have no players and use a system of "meet and greets" instead of a In-character world frame 24/7 like an RPI does.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote