View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
tkforeverer

tkforeverer is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone remember Legend of the Lakes/Lakes of Darkness?

This MUD was pretty much the best time I've had in a community. So many hours enjoyed playing, building, and just general shenanigans.

I used to play on there as tkforever and larken and later imm'd as Elessar.

The mud went threw several iterations... I thought it was Lakes of Darkness -> Legend of the Lakes but I might be wrong there.

Lakes of Darkness (level cap 200) -> Legend of the Lakes (level cap 1000 + signficant skill and class changes + if what I remember admin Dracar was ****ed and either blew away player accounts or codebase to some extent and maybe there were backups or maybe there weren't, I'm not sure but it drastically reduced the user base.) -> Castle of Chaos (after Aquila was tired of dealing with the drama Timer and Dogam ran this server).

I'm still in touch with a lot of the players and several imms. Amazing that 15 years later I'm still in touch with these people.

I have several versions of the code. I gave a copy of the first version to user Shockwave awhile ago (several years) and I know he has a mud up, though I don't know if it is in anyway based on this code base or not. I've linked him this thread and maybe he'll chime in.

I'll also link this thread to the other people I'm till in touch with and see if they have the scoop on any versions running for you.

PS I tried messaging you on youtube (I think same username cause account authorization here took awhile).
tkforeverer is offline   Reply With Quote