Thread: Enough
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2002, 11:26 AM   #58
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
I'll offer a few words as someone who was once the target of flames here by KaVir and Co.

I broke the rules out of ignorance, and got thoroughly roasted for it. In the private forums I go to elsewhere, such flaming is strictly against ToS and anyone flaming someone just because that someone did something wrong would be considered JUST as much in violation of the rules as the person who they were flaming. So I came here with that perspective. And I was flabbergasted, and not just a little irate, when I was treated so poorly.

I still think flames - insults - slamming someone intentionally to make them feel like idiots - is wrong. No matter what the reason.

But in the current trend on these boards, I've seen people try to deal with "violators of the spirit of the boards if not the actual policies" in fairly polite ways. At first. And then it seemed that these "violators" have decided that this is their new playground and if everyone else who's been here for years doesn't like it, then THEY can find a new playground.

I'll tell ya something. THIS AIN'T NO PLAYGROUND. If you want to play, log into a mud and play. That's what muds are for. There are a few focused threads that are great for us as contributors and readers of this forum to relax in. Such as that word association one, and the occasional "continued story" thread.

But socks? Hello? Do you not understand how ridiculous that is? Would you submit a poll about your favorite socks to your high school yearbook? To the daily newspaper in your town?

This is OUR daily newspaper. We love our text-based comic strips, sure. But those comics should only take up 1 or 2 pages within a 50 page paper. At the present time, it is not. At the present time, when I type into the URL buffer and hit enter, the home page shows me an index of current threads. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH MUDS.

This isn't topComicsites.com. It is topmudsites. If you have nothing to contribute or no interest in reading about the muds, then find another forum to play in.

To wrap this all up - KaVir, I hope you don't put me in the same category as some of the folks here of late. I can see now why you took such a vehement stand, though I disagree with the methods. I apologize for the past, and agree with you on the present.

-Formerly known as Baglady
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote