View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 05:43 PM   #20
soljax

soljax is on a distinguished road
I'm the guy that Amnon is talking about. First paragraph is my take on bad muds and player responsibilities, the second paragraph is my side of the Amnon story.

The imm owns the mud, and the server.. and actually invests money into the mud. He also invests time. He / She can do whatever they want, it's their mud. Keep in mind, though, that a mud is also a game. The owner or host of a game of monopoly can do whatever he or she pleases (it's their game). If the owner cheats or is unfair, they will no longer have any players. This is why it's important for players to leave mud where the staff is unfair / mean or blatantly cheating. This is the only weapon players have against cheaters. The internet is a democracy, you choose where you want to play.. And it is PLAYERS not IMMORTALS which make a game a success.

As to Amnon's story... it's bupkus. I was the one who pulled my own plug on his mud, because I caught him blatantly cheating. The players who have remained have made a choice to play despite his cheating... The evidence (and his lack of any mature response) made for a compelling arguement against him. Fact is, he decided to play sides. He rigged a special character (or) possibly even played a special character whose only purpose was to take out my alliance. Even on these boards, he claims this character had prepared for weeks to pull off a coup de grace.. but in less then an hour of playing time this character was on par and better then our 100+ hour characters. (We used a figner command to figure out how old this character was). At 5am eastern standard time (when no one was on).. Amnon coded a brand new feature, and this "special" rigged character charged our base with this feature minutes later. We watched this character get created, and in the same hour we watched him build up a base which would require at the very least 24 hours of work.

When an imm takes sides.. that's fine. WHen an imm rigs characters.. it's time to leave. I brought 5 of my friends to Amnon's mud.. And yes, we're all leaving.
soljax is offline   Reply With Quote