View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #185
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

I have no problems supporting any or all of the Wikis proposed. I've already started working heavily on Threshold's MU*Wiki entry (simply out of respect for Brody who's been advertising it for some time), and I had planned to copy it over to Mud Wiki (out of respect for Fred).

In the end, it'd be best if we could decide (or vote) on which one to support fully. That way, once I'm done with Threshold's I can slowly begin working through other muds, and I suspect others will help as well.

To be honest, I prefer an independent Media Wiki wiki. That is, someone hosts it, downloads a copy of Media Wiki, and it runs excactly like Wikipedia (no ads) except for the lack of all templates. Threshold and I had thought to volunteer to set this up for the community, but we wanted to make sure that we didn't step on any toes.

Our plan had been to create it, recruit experienced Wiki people to "police" it, and be the arbitrators. That way if someone sees something wrong (or inaccurate) about a mud listing, it could be investigated. I'll volunteer to set up the Wiki if we decide to go with any kind of Media Wiki type of software. (You can take a look at the Wiki I set up for our unreleased game at .)

Anyway, I guess this was kind of rambly, but we should kind of decide where we want this set up and which one we can support as a community. Hope that makes sense.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote