View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 02:05 PM   #13
tofit

tofit is on a distinguished road
Gorbo walked back over to Tofit. 'Gorbo will go back with halfling, and bring back gold.' Gorbo untied Tofit's hands, while Moka loomed over the two of them. 'Moka will make sure halfling doesnt try to get away.' 'Theres no need for that, Im going to make a deal with you.' said Tofit, rubbing his wrists to get the circulation back. 'Now, I need to cut down about ten plants, and put em in two sacks. I seem to only have one sack, do you have one.' Tofit said, glancing up at Moka. Moka growled at Tofit. Gorbo cut him off, 'Give em a sack warthog!' Moka scowled 'Eaaaah' pulling a sack from his pack.

Gorbo grabbed up the sack, 'What me cuttin' he asked.
Tofit pointed to the weeds, near the river. Peeko stood up and squealed, 'The halfling tricks us......Ung.' Peeko collapsed grasping his thigh. Tofit pulled some leaves from the esswein plant, and brought them too Peeko. 'Chew this up and apply it to your wound, its a healing aid, and a good one at that.' Peeko grabbed the leaves from Tofits hand and sniffed it suspiciously. 'This smelly dung?' Peeko scowled. 'This is no dung, its one of the most potent herbs in the kingdom. Its in high demand by wizards and shamans.' Peeko put the leaves in his mouth and chewed them up. Peeko immediately felt the effects, and a wide smile crossed his face. 'Dis taste like sourwine.' Peeko said spitting leaves from his mouth as he talked. Moka scratched his head, 'Maybe Minkta like shaman weed.' Peeko cackled, 'Minkta no shaman, thinks Minkta spit is good for everything.' Peeko spit out the chewed leaves in his hand and put them in his wound. Instantly his thigh started to tingle, and his blood clotted.

Tofit was showing Gorbo which plants to cut, and where to cut them. 'Look at these two plants.' Tofit said, showing him two similar plants. Gorbo wasn't sure where this was going.
'They pretty much look the same, but actually they are two different plants.' Gorbo blinked not noticing any difference.
'One is the herb we must collect, and the other is a poison.' Tofit explained. Gorbo grew suspicous, and looked over to Peeko who was cackling with Moka. Tofit grined, 'Can you tell which one is which?' Gorbo stared at the two plants; one plant seemed to shimmer in the moonlight, the other had a darker tint. Gorbo touched the shimmering plant, 'Dat one?' he asked. Tofit snickered, 'Even a goblin could figure it out... No offense' he stammered. 'Go ahead try some' Tofit urged.
Gorbo hesitated, 'You trick Gorbo.' Tofit shook his head, 'No, If I were going to trick you, I would have given you all the poison by now.' Gorbo hesitated, and looked over to Peeko and Moka, now walking to the river. Seeing them still alive he cut off a piece of the plant and put it in his mouth. Chewing on the plant, Gorbo noticed he was thinking much clearer.
He found all this talk of healing herbs and poison interesting, he wanted to know more. Gorbo looked to Tofit, and spit out the quid as he saw Peeko and Moka in the distance laying next to the weeds.
tofit is offline   Reply With Quote