View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 11:46 AM   #50
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
I kinda skipped to the end of the post, so forgive me if this has been said before. But I am all for classless, but my pet peeve is when a character is a jack of all trades. I love specialization, since I know when I RP I like to feel like my character is 'special' and not just a cookie cutter character.

I played Inferno once and was a crafter, later on I was a druid. With my crafter, I did pick a pre-made character - all the trade related skills where easy to learn (they cost about 4 builds each) and almost everything else was a bit harder to learn (about 6-8 builds each). I customized my druid myself. I picked druid magic, herb lore, animal lore and a leathercraft as a hobby for my low cost skills and everything else was alot higher.

Here I am babbling on and on again. But what I am trying to say is I like the idea of ALL skills being open to all players. But each players' hard and easy skills should be different.

Also, I think it is a good thing to allow players who speciallize in one thing a bonus. Maybe a broader list of swords or forge, or a special attack for fighters.

Well, thats my 6 1/2 cents,
I'm heading back to bed.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote