View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 02:57 PM   #25
Koryon

Koryon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Koryon Send a message via MSN to Koryon
The only problem with such an idea is that nothing would happen because of it, most players come to a mud from word of mouth, and from logging in and seeing that other people are there.

TMC already has auditors who make sure listed muds are following the license, I KNOW they are doing their job (... goes hunting for the builder than changed his greet help file).

A mailing list was set up a while ago (About the time TMS started on it's second forums ... maybe 3+ years ago?) but it died out, we were discussing muds like this, I brought up Aardwolf then, and rt did indeed respond to it with his thoughts.   But, nothing noteworthy happened from this.  And the simple sad fact is that the greater whole of all mudders are the non-coding/non-building/non-adminning, players.  About 99% of players are loyal to thier mud ABOVE ALL ELSE, they will usually not care, and fight that it's ok because thier mud is better than ours and we are just jealous.  For proof, just find a place that still archives USENET (Google Groups maybe?) and look through rec.games.mud.diku for the Med threads, and read their players responses, they can't be reasoned with at all.

And like I said, it wouldn't change anything, Med hasn't been listed or advertised anywhere (except some in Kyndig's site I think) in the last few years, and Aard never listed or advertised until now.  Unfortunatly if we organize ourselves into a group and say "bad", it's no different then the unorganized mass of us saying "bad".  Aside from getting aid from every single service provider around, the only other way to really change anything is for a legal action to take place.   I'm not sure which is more unlikely to happen, I don't think we ever managed to convince FAST.NET of anything, even with the evidence at the time.
Koryon is offline   Reply With Quote