View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 03:55 PM   #7
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
That's pretty nice, yeah. What would be even nicer, I think, would be a GUI editor that lets you set up rooms with connections between them and then runs a script to create after.

This is Greek to me I'm afraid. In our system, you just set how many seconds you want between resets on the mob or object and it just starts counting down to reset.

Not sure what this means either unfortunately. Do you mean some building systems make you search for a particular number to assign to a mob or object before you create it? That seems a bit cumbersome.

Yeah, that's how our system works too. You set the level of the mob, the 'defaults' get set along with it, and then you modify it with special attacks and so on.

Say, this might be a useful topic to go into more. I don't know if you're using a codebase or original code or what, but it sounds to me like our building system must differ to some degree from yours (and presumably others). If I get a chance, maybe I'll post a description of our building processes and others can do the same if they've done something different from whatever the 'norm' is.
(Probably best to do it in a new thread though.)
--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote