Thread: New MUD Idea
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2002, 10:21 AM   #9
Letum

Letum is on a distinguished road
Hello-

If the ship captains are players, and the crew mobs, it takes the point out of the game. I don't think any captain would want to not see any other people on the seas and just float around giving "coded" orders to a mob. It would be MUCH more fun to have an entire crew, where your orders aren't neccesarily carried out perfectly, so you face danger, and where you get to roleplay with other characters.

I do think, however, that the set times may be an interesting new concept that people would go for. For instance, I joined my first MUD a couple of years ago during the summer, and I was all set to say, OK, I've got time, I'm gonna become a star on this MUD. Then, it turned out, that people wanted me to be on 7 hours a day, 6 days a week. It's like, where is the rest of my life? So, if a MUD has a set time, it will at least get people like me excited. One of the things you could have on the MUD was that even though you don't have live play on the seas, you do have battle training that captains can schedule for their crews to participate in. I don't know, I think it may work, with some good advertising and if I am able to grab a big playerbase.

-Letum
Letum is offline   Reply With Quote