View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #83
Genesis

Genesis is on a distinguished road
Re: Let's try this again...RP MUD

Perhaps if your 'sentences' had some semblance of proper structure it would be easier to follow in the future. Regardless, re-read the message I initially quoted and you will find that in the actual English language you in fact stated that the topic being discussed was 'stupid'. I cannot be held accountable for your own lack of writing ability and/or laziness.

Regardless, granted that you clearly don't understand what it is we were actually discussing (which was not "how to have a political MUD with the absence of a political system" as you have stated above but rather the complete opposite) your response is, at best hypocritical.

This comment is ironic granted that off the two of us, you're the only one who's degraded to tossing insults with the literacy level of a 9 year old. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Evidently we have had different experiences with guilds/clans in the MUDs we've played. In most games I have played, the term "clan" and "guild" are synonymous. I'm not sure why joining a clan/guild would impose the restrictions you've described above, beyond that most guilds have a typical theme, objective or cause that draws them together.

If any of this was meant towards me, I ask you not misinterpret my analysis of your original post as hostility. The intention of my initial response was to critique (constructively) the list of attributes you provided and help you refine various contradictions I perceived in the original post to assist you in narrowing down a MUD that would best suit your tastes. It was intended earnestly to assist you, but if you do not wish my feedback on it I will simply drop it.

At any rate if I do come across a MUD such as the one you specified I will be sure to notify you of such.

Certainly, as I mentioned in the very post you just quoted. My point was that you failed to elaborate on any of the reasons "why" it's relevant to the thread, and instead just said "I don't like those because a game I was banned from used that system".

I'm not going to address this too deeply, because once again it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You are fudging the lines between in-character and out-of-character. The IC societal values of a fictional world have nothing to do with the players behind the characters sitting at their computers. If you wish to play a character in a video game based in the 1500s era and have your fictional character insult the fictional king of that fictional world, there will be in-character fictional consequences for your fictional character (who is fictional, in case you missed it the last time, and thus is not you).

Moving back closer to the topic at hand, it is unlikely that any MUD that takes place in a historical medieval society which has run under a monarchy since the game's creation 10 years ago is going to switch from that setting for no apparent reason. The IC monarchy is meant to represent the 'absolute rule' that countless historical sovereigns held over their lands and people up until as recently as... well as recent as today in some countries though it's meant more to symbolize the 1500s and prior.

Any MUD you search for that has Kings and Queens and Knights (or even some futuristic games or those completely irrelevant to real-world history) have similar systems. Even ICO and Grendel's Revenge which you have cited in this thread contain something to that extent do they not? I know ICO at least has nobility which is highly evident of a feudal society, and Grendel's has a "monster King" or something similar I believe.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote