View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #27
Viriato

Home MUD: Iberia MUD
Viriato is on a distinguished road
Re: MUD Development Journal

Seems cool
I use random characters in the following way: check each correct character, test listener considering his skill and the speaking guy skill, write the letter correctly if had success or a random one if not succeded. I just keep untouched spaces, commas, etc.
Decided this way because it's easier, but also because it's very hard to implement a system (like yours!) that makes sense and that outputs fairly good. Also, probably exist workarounds (rather than common language) to that language system that permits two guys understand each other even not knowing anything from that language. Why would one do that I don't know If he wants to RP just RP, if want to be understood use common language... but random chars also prevent that - if you want to enforce the use of language system only, it can be usefull.

I am exagerating on this, but I am really curious how you deal with this:
If I want to say "HELLO" to other person and he does not understand my language, OOC I can tell him I will use the alphabet A=1, B=2, C=3, etc, and then I would say "10 5 12 12 15". Does your system deals and prevents this?
Viriato is offline   Reply With Quote