View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #32
dayrinni

dayrinni is on a distinguished road
Re: MUD Development Journal

Hey guys,

I wanted to give a brief update on things.

So I have taken on board two additional people. We all are working together on the MUD now.

We broken the tasks down: I am handling the programming and the other two are handling the Lore and Content. We all participate in game design.

Overall, things are progressing very fast and we are making good headway. We are going to be putting up a wiki soon and I will post the link after we get some content on it.

In addition, I wanted to post the races we are planning on having. We have worked

Here is a general description of them:

Human - Humans of Zeduña are physically identical to humans on Earth. Humans tend to be fairly diplomatic, on average, getting along well enough with each other and most other races. They have a talent for adapting to whatever situation they find themselves in, making them competent in any class. Humans are hated by Kandarians, accepted by the Skala, and treated by utter indifference by the Nemari and Erokans.

Skala - The Skala are a reptilian race of roughly humanoid proportions. They are covered with hard scales, and they have intimidating teeth and claws. They are a proud, warrior race, and they have a strong sense of glory and honor. Their physical structure makes them adept fighters, while their pride and honor make them shun roguish practices. Longstanding military conflict with Kandarians and Erokans has bred general hatred between them and the Skala, but Humans and Nemari are broadly accepted.

Nemari - The Nemari are a plant-like race of humanoid build. Their skin tends to be shades of brown or green, and their 'hair' is more like a collection of leaves and vines. The Nemari are capable of normal food consumption, but they retain the ability to conduct photosynthesis in the manner of plants. The Nemari are more in tune with nature than the other races, making them excellent clerics. Historically, the Nemari have been largely peaceful, giving them a positive, or at worst neutral relationship with the other races.

Kandar - The Kandarians appear similar to humans apart from slightly larger eyes and semi-translucent skin ranging in color from dark blue to silver to white and everything between through intermarriage. Kandarians have a natural affinity for subterranean dwellings and their societies exhibit a caste structure based on coloration. As the coloring of the Kandarians is due to a component of raw magic within them, they make natural mages, though they are competent with blades as well. Due to past conflicts, the Kandarians hate humans and have an antagonistic relationship with the Skala. The Nemari and Erokan accept them to varying degrees and get along well enough.

Erokan - The Erokan are a bat-like race covered in short fur with collapsible wing-membranes that allow them the ability to glide. A slightly protruding 'muzzle' in conjunction with the fur gives the Erokan an animal-like appearance that some find alien or exotic. The Erokan live in a semi-nomadic clan based society, though they are not savage or primitive. Being quick, agile, and naturally sneaky, the Erokan make excellent rogues, but a historic reliance on Kandarians for the magical arts has prevented magical skills from developing in the Erokan. They are a mystery to most, but some Skala hate them and some Kandarians get along with them quite well.

Thanks.
dayrinni is offline   Reply With Quote