View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
Aermyn

Name: Eric
Home MUD: Savage Realm
Home MUD: Http://savagerealm.forumotion.com/
Aermyn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Aermyn
Re: Savage Realm - ROM 2.4 based MUD seeking builders/coders! Serious RPers only!

Your opinion of the RPI/RPE stance is not the direction we wish to take with this MUD. We have had success from this type of MUD before, and the role-playing is still fantastic. SR already is shaping up to be very RPIish in a lot of ways. Just because levels and xp are included does not mean there will be no RP. I choose not to brand the MUD RPI or RPE, it is a role-playing MUD, period. I personally hate branding a MUD RPI or RPE because it makes it seem like it is not going to be good if it has levels because it is not a true RPI, but this is not the case. This is a very unique system we are building, and will provide tons of great hours of role-playing fun. And the reason we chose the ROM codebase to code ourselves, is we have a lot of new ideas to implement, and we enjoy coding it ourselves.

RPI versus RPE has caused too many headaches in the past, and I do not believe that discussion fits here. In my experiences, players who say the MUD is not going to be fun because it is not an RPI degrades what I am trying to accomplish.

As for a skill based system, that is not interesting to us at SR. We enjoy levels and classes and killing things on occasion, when it fits the RP stance. Skill based systems to me, are not that interesting in this type of setting.
Aermyn is offline   Reply With Quote