View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #29
Earthmother

Home MUD: GateWay MUD
Earthmother is on a distinguished road
{Warning -- Lurker/non-coder with two royals to contribute}

Molly, even if you aren't reading this, YOU GO, GIRL.

I don't know the "who's who" around here, nor do I really want to. I vote for my little underdog mud, put in my semi-advertising 'reviews' of it when called upon to do so, and occasionally browse the ongoing flamewars, just to see if there is anything worthwhile I can learn from people who actually think things up.

There rarely is.

I go back to my game, complain about how annoying the threads here are, and get back to killing.

I read around, looking to see what ideas work other places, so I can suggest interesting things to my Admin and Staff. Only ONCE, have I EVER actually tried to get them to read a thread here... only ONCE have I EVER found something worthwhile that could be adapted and utilized.

The rest is just sad.

I'm not 'leaving' b/c I've never really been 'here'. I'll keep voting for my free mud, with its own original code.

But you people all should know that you don't look professional. You look like children. You discuss things here that should be kept inside your games, or at least, in personal discussions. This is a VERY exclusionary environment, and people like me on the outside, those of us who fill up the vote slots, know our voices are silenced here. We don't even matter.

But, the cash I PayPal'led to another player on my MUD sure supports our banner here.

It is tough for me to justify that money spent.

I love my Game, I want to help it in any way. I'm MORE than glad to send that money if I think it is supporting the place that I love.

Unfortunately, my cash is *really* supporting these boards, and I resent that. It's like advertising in some scummy local skin rag, and hoping someone decent reads the ad.

Ain't gonna happen, in other words.

Our MUD actually (stupidly, apparently) believes/believed that this site would be an asset to us, that to be associated with TMS would be good for our game, and the MU* community as a whole.

The question has become, for me, anyhow... IS it?

Is TMS a waste of time, a waste of my click and a waste of bandwith on our website?

That this thread exists, started by a poster who, though volatile at times, generally contributed things I would read and actually spend time thinking about, pretty much answers that for me.
Earthmother is offline   Reply With Quote