View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 02:00 PM   #21
Aequitas

Aequitas is on a distinguished road
Alright i'll try to sum up my take on this with a simple analogy.
A builder, in most not all cases, is using the property of the mud owner to create the area file. Now i'm not sure about American laws regarding this issue, but Canadian laws are quite clear regarding both written and verbal contracts. If said builder agree's to abide by all "terms" placed before him by the owner of the mud, and one of those terms clearly state that all rights and ownership of the area become sole property of said mud and owner, then any area created by the builder does become sole property of the owner. Now of course there are many other "if's" that can affect the forstated. But in short, as a builder, if you do not like the rules placed before you by the owner of the mud. Then do not build there. (And now for the analogy) If I agree to let someone put a new set of spark plugs into my car. And we agree that these sparkplugs will become the property of myself, the person putting them into "my" car, in no way can say later that he wants them back for there was a verbal contract made stating that the sparkplugs would become my property.

But like so many other legal "issues" there is to many "if's" to make a realistic generalized statement. And since verbal contracts on the internet are almost impossible to hold up in court, everything I said could very well be dis-proved.

Well I think i've wasted enough of everyones time(hehe), just thought I'd add my two and a half cents.
Aequitas is offline   Reply With Quote