View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 01:32 PM   #10
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Oh, I'm sure we would, just like Gemstone or DR would end up with some of our players. (We have players from both Gemstone and DR already, including ex-staff from Simutronics, and I would bet anything that Gemstone and DR have ex-IRE players as well). I'm not implying our games are better than Simutronics, as I believe it's all in the eye of the individual user.

What's good about this subjectivity is that two games might both have players who are happy with the games but who might be happier in another game, and there's no reason to believe it wouldn't go both ways. So what happens is that everybody wins in a way: The MUDs get a chance to expose themselves to players who might not even know they're missing something they want, the players get a chance to see if they might actually like something better, and so on. And of course, the happier a player is and the better the MUD is for them, the more likely thta player is going to want to contribute financially. So, it's possible to have players leave IRE and go to Simutronics and vice-versa and instead of zero net impact, it has a net positive impact for IRE, Simutronics, and the players involved. Everybody wins!

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote