View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 AM   #117
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
Re: Guidelines for an RPI mud.

When you say "loud" do you mean "by great intensity" or "tasteless"? Perhaps another definition?

The term "minority" is usually used for the smaller number of two parts of a larger group (skipping other definitions, as they likely do not appply). As about 6 posters of the forum have been on one side in this thread, and 15-17 others have expressed either a dissenting opinion, no opinion or somehow questioned the term RPI how do those not in the 6 out of 23 become the "minority"? Would not the 6 be the minority?

Not that what is said on this forum matters to the future of the term "RPI", but to address the "changed" part, the definition (if there ever was a set one) has changed according to the features of the MUDs listed at RPIMud.com (which was previously posted in this thread by Jherlen). Perhaps you would have an easier time getting them to de-list games you feel do not fit within your view, then afterwards trying to convince others.

I could care less if it changes or not, really. I have never called, nor have an intention of calling, the game I work on an "RPI". I will just call it by its name, and mark the features it contains. So I have no real dog in this hunt.

Things change. Definitions change.