View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
Centauri

Centauri is on a distinguished road
FluxWorld Creator & Admin

Hello All,
I came here as one of my better players informed me of this site. I have been running for almost 10 years, but its been pretty quiet overall for many of these years. I suppose the main reason is that my MOO is more a simulation for me, than a "game" per se for the players.
This started because I am interested in space colonization, and I saw MOO as a great way to answer such questions as: if I mine 2 tons of anorthite, how much Aluminum will I get from that, and oxygen, by breaking it down into elements. Of course, this went on to many common minerals. (167 at present count)
I learned that many processes involved in metals processing involved power, and a fully functional power grid was next, with solar, hydro, fission, fusion, wind, etc. anyone can make fixes to the machines on the grid, and they do break down over time.
Development over the years has progressed from one thing to the next in this fashion.

I have been a programmer for some 30 years, and love math, so that is what I do in my MUD, to indulge myself, everything from calculating orbits, surface gravity, generating anti-matter, figuring how fast a given space station must rotate in order to produce a given G force, etc. my toy is my MUD. I have added goodies just for others to play with that are not part of my primary goals, that of learning space based things, but they seem to like it.

Anyway, That is me, and what I do.

Centauri
Centauri is offline   Reply With Quote