View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 02:48 AM   #3
efgosser

efgosser is on a distinguished road
Re: Coding a mud using vb 2005

I downloaded this Mud and it has a lot of good programming to it, It does have a few bug and is incomplete, but 98% finished.

Depths Of Despair MUD By: Chris VanHooser Written in VB 6.0
Depths Of Despair MUD (multiuser text based game) Stand-alone server. Check out Description.txt in the download for a better look of this. This game is not complete, but is massive. I think i have given up working on it, seeing as i havn't touched it for awhile now. I would guess that is is about 80-90% complete, maybe even more. Game features include: movement, items, spells, weapons, monsters, quest, combat, time system, money system, rooms can have doors, emotions, evil system, familiars, private user guilds, hunger/stamina system, ability to write notes in game and leave for other players, ability to form travel party with players, projecttile weapons (guns/bows and arrows), shop's are set up, players can sneak and backstab for more damage, theiving system, train and level up and adjust stats how you want, Custom scripting launguage to add many more custom commands, monsters roam the realm, plus many more im sure i've forgotton. This game is about 30,900 lines of code. Lots to look through. I've included all the documents i've compiled as i've created this. It could help decode how things work. The database for the game is bassed in Access, so im not sure if it will work if you don't have it. It can accept telnet connections from most any client. It sends out the text with ANSI codes for color, so a client with color would be the best. XP telnet works great. I have also included a telnet client i was working on. It isn't complete or perfect, but it works pretty decent. But it is just a barebones applicaiton. The games purpose was to be a completely editable MUD, so things can be changed drastically. I have included an editor (and this also isn't copmlete...), but its about 90% complete with some bugs in it. It can also explain how lots of things work. There is tons more inside this project, but i would have to write so much, it would be better to just check it out. Feel free to use this code or whatever, just don't make any profit from it, unless you include me. And keep my name attached to what you take. I don't claim to have wrote every line, but i was say a good 95% is mine.
Download the code here:
efgosser is offline   Reply With Quote