View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #529
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: The Non-Cold Non-Hard Non-Facts

The adverse affects by the 5 option system are clear. It will falsely lead players to muds based on inaccurate definitions. I will break them down and explain:

[ ] Payment and/or donations required to play.
Already this is a bad model as it groups donations with payment. You can't require a donation for a service. If so, it is no longer a donation.

[ ] Payment and/or donations required to access some content.
What does this mean. Some content? What content? You mean I'd check this if you can't access the forums without donation? What about registration? Again hard to define.

[ ] Payment and/or donations accepted, has results in-game.
This is odd as well. What results? Who would check this box? What do we define as a result? And what do we define as a payment or donation? This is the crux of the argument.

[ ] Payment and/or donations accepted, no results in-game.
Anyone could check this box if they interpret this the way they wish. Who could say they really have zero results in a game when a player donates $2000.00. Be serious. Again the argument about what is a result has been gone over numerous times to no avail.

[ ] Neither payment nor donations accepted.
This is the endall be all. Again the reason I'm for the 2 box system. Either you have some form of payment in your game or you do not. Very simple. Very direct. No grey areas to mess with.

[sarcasm]Yeah that's it Shasarak. I don't want to help any players in TMS searches. In fact, if I could stop players from finding NW that would be great.[/sarcasm]
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote