View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Compliance reminder if you use "The Isles OLC" or "ILAB/OLC", "ROMolc" and others

You claimed I copied your wilderness system, and claimed that God Wars and God Wars II both used your OLC.

GodWars Deluxe contains an OLC snippet of unknown origin. You claim to have created it - but then you also claimed that DG Scripts were based on your work, even after it was proven that they predated your code by years. You also claimed credit for other OLCs (such as SMAUG) which were clearly developed independently. Then there's the other things you claim - that Final Fantasy and Fallout 3 both based characters on you, that you invented YouTube, and that you have a patent pending for cancer detection software.

Combine that with your and I honestly have no idea what you really did or didn't create. However I no longer distribute the codebase in question, so asking me to add a retroactive licence at this time is rather moot. I suggest you take it up with the code repositories - they control the distribution, not me.