View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 02:06 PM   #63
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Whoever thinks that the great 'ole USA has never started a war of aggression prior to iraq is wrooooooong.
Here are just a few off the top of my head, Jiles.

China (1945-49)
USA intervened in a civil war, on side of Chiang Kai-Shek, against Mao's liberation struggle. USA defeated japanese soldiers to fight against the chinese people.

Greece (1947-49)
USA military supports Greek neo-fascists, against the major Greek left-wing parties who were fighting for independance. The neo-fascists won and set up a brutal regime, with the help of the American CIA.

Phillipines (1945-53)
US fought the left-wing Huks forces, while the Huks were still fighting the Japanese invaders. Huks were defeated and the US installed puppet governments, culminating in the dictatorship of Fernando Marcos.

South Korea (1945-53)
US military suppresses popular independance movement in favor of a corrupt, reactionary and brutal regime whose leaders had collaborated with the Japanese fascists.

Iran (1953)
Progressive and popular Prime Minister Mossadegh nationalised the British oil company which controlled Iran's oil. A US and British backed coup against him re-installed the brutal Shah of Iran. He privatised Iran's oil, British and American oil companies both getting equal shares.

Guatemala (1953)
A CIA organized coup ousted a progressive, democratically-elected government which had nationalised the US United Fruit Company. So began 40 years of death-squads, torture, dissapearances and mass executions, killing over 100,000 civilians.

and those are just a few off the top of my head that I know. I can name at least 20 more, Jiles. You think Iraq was the only one? How about the ones above? And if that doesn't quench your belief here are some more.

Vietnam, Cambodia, Congo, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Chile, East Timor, Nicaragua, Grenada, Libya, Panama, Afghanistan... and there are more I am sure, if I looked them up I would find more.

-Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote