View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
muds doing things differently

I'm starting this after reading a review over at TMC and trying a new mud. I wanted to put this up here for people to post examples of muds that are doing things differently in their theme, setting, mechanics, and most especially, their presentation. I'd like to keep this out of Advertising for Players to limit blatant promotion. Let's discuss not only muds that are doing things differently but concrete examples of how they're doing things differently.

Here's my first example: . .

The review at TMC of this mud was not particularly flattering, but it piqued my interest enough to try it, and I have to say I was very surprised. This game uses a (small) custom client that handles the entire experience, from new character creation to connection, quite seamlessly, and in a very unusual fashion for a text mud.

The interface itself is also more like I imagine a MMO interface to be. As a text mud player I was very confused for a little bit while I got oriented, and in the end I found the interface somewhat not to my taste, though it would be unfair to say I couldn't get used to it if I wanted to play there.

As far as I can tell, after playing for only a few minutes, the game is free, without pay for perks (could be wrong here). The gameplay itself doesn't immediately strike me as very innovative or interesting, but the presentation itself is well worth looking at.

Any other examples?

Last edited by Ide : 03-22-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: found the TMS listing
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote