View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road
Re: Run a town or castle or kingdom?

Well.

That's not a common feature in muds, I'm afraid. The closest you'll generally get is a clan system.

Conquest kind of has this. Not towns, but dungeons. Conquest also has an extremely...fluctuating...playerbase. If the dev's around, it'll hit 10 and up, but as soon as he stops developing it drops like a rock to maybe 1 or 2, including yourself.

Godwars 2 kind of has this in that you can terraform your home plane; that said, that particular feature has no gameplay affect the last time I played anyway. There's also the game of war, which is like a highbrid of card games and city building/strategy games--it's complicated-ish, but actually entertaining. Godwars2 also has a lot of other stuff you'll see literally nowhere else, including the roomless world and rather different combat/magic stuff. If you've not heard of that, though...well, you're new to mudding--KaVir gets my vote for best coder from this, evven if I don't particularly care for his administrative methods (He's not a bad admin or anything--he just doesn't take a proactive stop-the-problems approach. That said, there's no penalty for anything and you can rebuild your character practically for free, with no death penalties, etc, so it's maybe not needed). This is a pure pk mud.

In mushes/mucks/moos, this is more common. I'd recomend wayfar 1444 unless you're blind. Your best bet might be some rpi mushes, but the truth is that to do what you want you have to know coding.
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote