Old 04-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
Anaiah

Name: Anaiah
Home MUD: Formerly: Armageddon MUD
Home MUD: Currently: The Evolution of Esos
Anaiah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Anaiah
Re: Enforced sexism?

In Armageddon, there's enforced racism and prejudice against magick users as well as those of the opposite city-state (if you're from a main city), those in tribes (if you're a city dweller) most times, and if you're in a tribe, against those in cities. It's the absolute opposite on sexism however. There is no sexism whatsoever, but plenty of hate via the other faction type hatreds, there's also the tagline of the game: "murder, corruption, betrayal", so it definitely fits the not being very nice element as well.

In Dark Isles there was a bit of sexism, though I'm not sure it was intentional. It seemed more like a side effect of the setting itself. They were also werewolfish vs vampirish (they have setting unique names for them) type races that were at strife with each other, though that was more the special races at odds than anything else, though pretty much everyone is prejudiced against the vampirish types.

In Southlands, there's a prejudice against the use of certain types of magick as well as certain races, but again, no sexism. It tends to be nicer, on the whole (player to player interactions, that is) than Armageddon from my experience, but there's definitely a level of tension and strife, though you may want to start in Shae rather than Tow if you want to see that.

Other than the now-defunct mud WOTL, those are the only games I've really played around with enough to understand a great deal of the tensions. Hope that helped, though.
Anaiah is offline   Reply With Quote