View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 06:33 PM   #54
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
There is an old saying:
The world consists of two types of people; The few that go in front and create something of their own effort, and the many that tag along behind and complain that it was not done in a better way.

And as if that weren't sad enough, there is also a third type; the ones that get their satisfaction from tearing down and destroying the work done by others.

I am getting really tired of the attitude that is spreading in the mud community. It seems that whoever tries to do something for the community automatically becomes a target for certain people, who like to flame, bitch and criticize every flaw they can find.

It's very easy to criticize, but to actually achieve something of your own is a lot harder. By spreading your wings to fly, you not only run the risk to fail and fall to the ground, you also run the risk of being shot down by others. Those who never try, those who never rose above the ground, those people can sit safe and smug, bitching about the shortcomings of the ones that did try and perhaps not made it all the way.

Why this negative attitude? What are the motives? Envy? Rivalry? Personal dislikes? Many of the posts on this thread are not even constructive criticism, they are just bitching and flaming. This thread is yet another example of the same attitudes that made respected members of the community, like the Mud Commandos, decide to withdraw for good, thus depriving us of services that most of us valued and enjoyed. Now it seems that Neranz, a person who I deeply admire and respect, is about to quit on us too.

Where will it end? Where is the Mud community headed? What happened to the spirit of generosity, helpfulness, unselfishness, sharing of knowledge, positive feedback and mutual respect, which I was met by, when I first entered this world some years ago?  Where did all this crass materialism come from? Why all this hostility, folks?
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote