View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 05:31 AM   #14
Zeta Thompson

Home MUD: Valhalla
Zeta Thompson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta Thompson
Re: Builders, what do you look for in a MUD?

Doesn't matter

Areas must have a story. The story is reflected in the area descr.. If it is tragic then my area has a heavy tone to it, if amusing it is lighter. (though I do mix these up sometimes to mess with players) I seem to prefer structures,
castles and the like and towns, but sometimes i get an idea for a wooded area or something i just HAVE to build.

2 -7 at 80 char wide. It is easier on people using speech clients and gives me enough room to throw in any hints they may need for searching for things like secret doors or loose changes in cushions (yes I did do that once)

The type that kill PCs. Actually I like neutral ones best because they react to the PC based on actions rather than alignment.

Off line and compile as i go

General medieval fantasy, Sword and sorcery, etc.

Consistant SOPs are all I look for

No
Doesn't matter
It must be a MUD I play for a while and have a feel for. If I like the place enough to play it then i will do a good job building for it. I can see better what it needs and what the players want. I have real issues with builders who create a character and 3 days later want to build for the MUD without understanding the needs of the players.
Zeta Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote