View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 06:23 PM   #27
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
I tried to address this with the statement you quoted, I think we are going to start debating in circles.
Once again I think you missed the concept behind my outline.  The owner voted out WOULd pass complete control to the new owner.  He would have *absolutely* no administrative power.  This is why I suggested for simplicity sakes that the server be an account with a public host provider.

(Time to stretch, bear with me) Stripping away all the beaucracy of the US system, the President is the Commander-in-Chief of the US Military.  If you believe in the age-old axiom of "he who controls the military controls the country", then Clinton certainly could have said, "I don't want to leave.  Just try and force me and my army out."  Would democracy in any form be considered an illusion due to the fact that the citizens could elect a maniacal dictator into power?

Regardless, it seems to me no matter what happens when taking the situation to its ultimate conclusion ( which is, in all probability, what you outlined.  Somewhere down the road an elected owner would say "go to ####, its my mud now.") at the first vote and change of ownership the mud would be considered a democratic mud.  It may turn out to be a democratic mud that did not work, but democratic none the less.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote