Thread: WoTmud?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
Vivienne_WoT

Vivienne_WoT is on a distinguished road
Re: WoTmud?

While attrition is a concern, I'm not that worried about it given the activity of the playerbase on our Facebook page, the hits on our twitch channels, the number of podcast downloads, etc. that we track. I'm fairly certain that those involved with us via social media will come back in once I send out the grand re-opening signal, if they've somehow missed seeing it directly. Our playerbase has its own pocket societies as well, with their own offsite chat rooms, Skype circles, etc. and when I drop in on them on any given day I see 6-15 people in there and talking. We have some pretty personal bonds with our players, with live in-person events, meetings, etc. across the country. Heck, I've even had some of our players to my home as they've been traveling, etc. Anyway, since I'm interacting with them every day, several times a day, via social media (and they're interacting back not just with me but also with each other!) I'd say that's the key to base retention. Plus I'm sure that with the new features we had in beta before this, and scheduled to go for rollout with the reopening, we're going to see a higher return of players who went astray when word gets out what we did.

But that's really far afield of the OP, which I was happy to come in and answer. No worries, we'll be back. We do this for fun, and fun is what we're going to have when Wheel of Time MUD is back online!

Less than three,

Vivienne
Vivienne_WoT is offline   Reply With Quote