View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 06:23 AM   #157
Daedroth

Daedroth is on a distinguished road
Wow, I suddenly see the legendary the_logos "cronies"... In short, I agree with everything KaVir posted. There's technically no free way to unlock everything in the game. The credits players are selling did not fall out of the sky, although I'd love it if they did, they do not. So, how DO you define your game as a free to play Mud (free to play not free to host/create) when it is not possible to unlock everything without someone paying IRE?

Heres yet another example, of how buying credits give you a large advantage over those who haven't bought them... I have a friend, who has been granted 75 credits for being there when the game was in open beta testing... I am now an equal level to him, a little higher actually. Yet he is still 200% of my might. He has transcended a skill, (meaning he has mastered it) and is working on a second one... I however, have not transed a skill yet, and I have put all lessons into pretty much one skill. If you dont know the difference between a player who has transed a skill and one who has not, its a big difference in ability to gain exp. Soon I'll probably have put more hours into the game too.

My point in these are to stress how much pay for perks does in reality surpass skill. You can exaggerate it and say that someone who doesnt know how to play the game and has bought perks is not better than someone who has played the game for years, but thats just folly to even compare.
Daedroth is offline   Reply With Quote