Thread: Character Ages?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2003, 11:34 PM   #14
Caralyn

Caralyn is on a distinguished road
Delerak, this is addressed to you:

You are exceedingly negative, hostile, and narrow-minded in your defintion of roleplay, and what constitutes it. For some characters, age DOES matter - you wouldn't have a 12-year-old as a master swordsman in most instances - and for some it does not - a woman well past her prime trying to act like a teenaged wanton. For some characters, race does matter - you usually wouldn't want an Achaean Horkval (big bug-like creature) doing magic, as it has a comparitively low intelligence - and for some, it doesn't - the one person intent on bucking tradition.

Personally, I think Achaea has a great deal of role-playing. My character is highly successful in almost all areas that require real role-playing - guild politics (guildmaster), city politics (Minister) love life (married once for 15 years, divorced, remarried), Order (Order Rank 3). She's even a good basher. But, she also owns an OOC clan. That's the point of many clans - to provide an outlet for OOC. That said, to me, my character's age does NOT matter, due to a little quote from one of Achaea's help files:

Age has no negative effects whatsoever, either on your character's health or appearance.

Some characters have chosen to RP their character's MENTAL decline - my ex-husband turned into something of a drunk, and another old man has gone rather dotty and perverse. I haven't chosen to that yet, as I rather value my sanity.

And I want to know what specifically you think Achaea lacks in RP. That probably doesn't belong in this section, but I'm not sure. (This is my first post.)

You know it's bad when you create an account, just to make a post like this.

To the_logos, thank you for making a game I don't mind spending 96 days, 6 hours, and 44 minutes of my life on. It's well worth it.
Caralyn is offline   Reply With Quote