View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #35
locke
Banned

Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MSSP (Mud Server Status Protocol)

This fixed the problem, and I am now using translate_telopts with no wierdness. Undefined Behavior beware.

So, please try connecting us to your network. Once connected I will release NiMUD with an announcement at the top of the README about contacting you should someone want to start a NiMUD and join your network.

The specific copy of NiMUD I run is at nimud.divineright.org 5333, but others may join your network someday.

Tintin was the first client I ever used, but I later switched to TinyFugue. Now I just use PuTTy. It would be interesting to see a "lite" version written for use with the standard telnet port instead of stdin, that was easily added to existing MUDs -- one with the ability only to connect with multiple sessions to a default mud address -- as a proxy service. That way MUD admins could set up Tintin on their primary port, with some default settings to auto connect to the MUD, plus the ability to allow players to manage multiple sessions with Tintin on MUDs (like mine) that allow multiplaying.

You know .. it could activate when another client isn't detected, otherwise merely forwarding to the port like tcpxd.

Regards,
Locke

Last edited by locke : 03-21-2009 at 07:07 PM.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote