View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Iza

Iza is on a distinguished road
Re: Two people looking for a Game

Wow, Thanks snowtroll.

You basically saved me a lot of time there, i really appreciate your post.

I have been thinking of Armageddon Mud, they have a lot of things i enjoy but its exhausting. Right now i feel like you just don't log in Armageddon and enjoy yourself. You have to put some real effort in making the game fun, which is quite a change to what it was like in the past where a lot of times fun just fell on your lap. For me in order to do this, you need to stand out, make plots of your own and be an enjoyable character people want to be around. The reward for managing to achieve this however is often a quick death. As much as people like you, a lot more will simply want to see you drop dead for whatever reason. This isn't really a bad thing mind you.

To me, Armageddon has never really a casual relaxing game you can play with a friend. If you don't put effort in to get involved or make your own plots, you will live a nice long life in what will feel like a tedious and slow moving world. I don't really have the energy to make characters that are enjoyable to me in Armageddon right now. Some days i have a lot of time, other days i have less time, depending on work. My friend is in a similar situation. We also have another hobby we share and enjoy but some days we'd enjoy a change and RP somewhere new. I wanted to find a world with major fun things going on that we could get involved in or at least watch as the story unfolded from the comfort of the sidelines, maybe do some light exploring or adventuring on the side.

Thanks again for the reply Snowtroll, I'll take a look at some of those suggestions, though player housing/rent is really something i'm looking for. If anyone has anymore suggestions, even mushes with a healthy dose of code please let me know.
Iza is offline   Reply With Quote