View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 04:08 PM   #110
Sapphar

I personally have no interest in playing a game where I pay for additional extras along the way.  I would like to earn, in game, those credits for a house and have others do the same.  However, that said - I agree Kavir, it is not necessarily unfair.  Some people get their kicks out of "stuff", be it characters with a ton of skills, neat houses, pretty items, etc.  And my guess is that a game that sells "stuff" is catering to those folks.  I would rather a game where personality, history, behaviors, and rp choices are driving factors, both in terms of your characters success and in terms of what most of the players are interested seeing when they log in.

To each their own.  If folks are willing to pay for extras or willing to play for free while others pay for extras and aren't upset about it, let them.  Doesn't hurt the rest of us, afterall.  

Anyway, "fair" isn't really nearly as black and white of a term as it is being bandied around as.  What seems fair to folks on the PfS (pay for stuff) may not seem fair to those on free or PtPs.  Fair: Consistent with rules, logic, or ethics.  Not everyone has the same ethics, rules, or logic.

Sapphar