View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
ShadowsDawn

Home MUD: New Worlds: Ateraan
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
ShadowsDawn is on a distinguished road
Re: What became of rpimud.com

If you read on the forums, they *stopped* the voting reset specifically because it had a bug that was being abused. I know this for a fact because I was the one that found, tested, and reported the bug.

They stopped the voting because it was being abused anyways, and was not a fair system. Yes, any MUD could abuse the bug if they knew about it. Some could even be abusing the bug and not realizing it. But neither of those change the fact that it was borked and not fair to anyone.

The guy who was pushing to get things going smoothly had gone on vacation just before I found it. The others in charge were also busy. Life does happen. It stinks, yes, but it does come up. Then just as things were about to get rollin again, the domain expires and there's a whole new mess to work out.

Some thigns are out of our control, and we have to deal with them. An for the voting, does it really matter if it is not being reset when it is broken already? Resetting it doesn't change that fact. All that can be done is work on fixing it.
ShadowsDawn is offline   Reply With Quote