View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
I was playing on my usual MUD today . During a rather interesting scene some players did some things, that made me think "That really gets on my nerves - why in heck do people do that?"

Here's my list:

*Players  treating typos as IC speech. - Well, since these are text based games, typos are bound to happen.  Although I try to type slow, and read over my words before I hit enter. Some peoples fingers are a tad bit faster than their brains.  I"m just talking about a typo every so often, but if make a mistake with every other word you type, you may have a tiny problem.

*Players using tells to advertise.- This one is new to me.  I started playing this game that is fairly new. The other players ranted and raved about it on the OOC channel and on games sites, etc.  So, I"m actually in the game and I get a tell from other player "Vote for XXXMud!"  or "Tell your friends about XXXMud!"  How annoying is that?

*Too much use of color. I like color as much as the next gal, but too much can give me a headache.  I don't mind color as emphasis on a word in a room or character  description, but when every letter in every word in your description is a different color, you are going a little far.

*Ask around IC!.- This one is just an annoyance to me. But it seems like in some games, you try to find out some info like where is Lord's Soandso's Keep, or what's so special about a glowing bone necklace. The only answer from some folks is "Find out IC!". While sometimes this is good for interaction and such. Half the time its a completely lost newbie asking. Or, sometimes it may be something that the character should already know, and would silly for asking.

What about everyone else?
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote