View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:09 AM   #169
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: RPI, RPE, and Roleplay

Silvarilon,

I think many share your confusion and disregard of the term. Far more than some would care to admit. I myself continue to consider any game with Armeggedon-like functionality as an ARM MUD. Harshlands, SOI, and Atonement included, mainly because the proponants of RPI can't even agree themselves what it means and roleplay intensive no matter how you acronym, is roleplay intensive. *shrug*

Some wonder why the animosity/negativity toward those of us who disregard the term. The answer is in the previous post but defined in this snippet:
Are you seriously claiming that there are 350 RPE's out there that someone has to weed through to find the game they want that is Roleplay Enforced? I'd be suprised if you could name a 10th of that.

Someone said recently that it would be nice of the community could come together and not have such animosity between RPE/RPI games. Sorry to say, it won't happen when this kind of continual bs on stats, information, and unfounded elitism rears its RPI head.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote