View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #4
Kurdock

Home MUD: Materia Magica
Home MUD: EmpireMUD
Kurdock is on a distinguished road
Re: Genre MU* with family rp?

Well, what I'm about to suggest isn't really a MUD, but it fits your description pretty well.

Its more of a text-based game.

--->

Its so realistic, there's such a thing as a 'birth queue', which is where new characters have to line up and wait for their turn to 'be born'. For me, it took a whole MONTH to be born. After that, I was born as a baby in a lizard-like race. Pretty cool. At first the baby can't really say anything - whatever you try to say is turned into baby language. In that time, your life is in the hands of the two adults who had, you know, and gave birth to you. But a few real days later then you can finally start talking to your parents.

From there you can hunt, you can forage, you can chop wood and mine for ore, you can build furniture, armor and houses and perform various actions. Like, you can build furniture for the local villages and become a rich man, or slay the dragon that has been terrorising the locals and because of that, earn the respect of the villagers and become mayor.

Anyway, there's a comprehensive FAQ on the website, so yeah.

{My Review}

I don't really enjoy FTO because of the lack of a community there. Really, I think most of the characters you see there are played by the same person. But I'm not sure. Also nobody really takes the time to go around slaying monsters in the dungeons and all that - all I see are my parents roleplaying making babies. So yeah. But the game concept is actually pretty cool (it was based on a similar game called Cantr II)
Kurdock is offline   Reply With Quote