View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 05:05 AM   #13
smadronia

smadronia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to smadronia
My fiancee and I were talking about this today. Our eventual goal is to create our own codebase, one that could be released to the public as a working mud.

When we were talking today, we decided that if we were to release our mud project once it's done, we're going to release it with a small, strictly themed world. There will be a newbie area, a home town, and a few additional areas, but the total probably won't be over 1000 rooms. It'll be enough for people to have a place to wander around and level a little, but not enough to actually make a decent world. We're going to try and put everything that's required at boot in one area file, so people can strip out everything else right off the bat, and then work through the code to be able to remove the final area.

My fiancee and I are tired of out of the box muds that go up one week and a week later are open to the public with little changes and no new areas. We both know areas and code development take time, but we're tired of seeing My KeWL Muds springing up all over. They're always going to be there, but we really don't want to contribute to them if we can help it.
smadronia is offline   Reply With Quote