View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
SelfCoded

SelfCoded is on a distinguished road
Re: Need help with RPI-Engine

Thanks for the replies. I'll look into those .so files. When I tried compiling the makefile for the very first time, it wouldn't compile at all because I had an incompatible 32 lib file. So I altered a file so it would compile using -m64 instead of -m32. I'm betting that it doesn't like that it's still being pointed towards some 32 libs (anything under /usr/lib would be 32, right?) since it's compiling for 64? I'll try changing that later and I'll post the results.
While I do have enough experience with Linux to use it as a normal desktop or something, I'm still kind of noob, so that combined with working with a remote server which doesn't follow the typical user layouts described in the guide leaves me pretty confused. Also, I have no experience with MySQL whatsoever. The good news is that I'm stubborn and willing to learn

As I said, I have setup the databases and user stuff for MySQL in Cpanel at least. I've looked into it a bit more and I think that bit I posted about making tables and PHP is about accessing the server remotely, which isn't something I need to do. And I've seen MySQL in different directories, I'm just not sure which are the equivalent to the ones in the makefile.

Take this line in the makefile for example.
INCLUDE = -I/usr/local/mysql/include/ -I/usr/include/mysql/ -I/usr/include/openssl/ -I/usr/local/mysql/

The only thing under local is bin (which does have a MySQL file in it, but not a MySQL directory).

/usr/include does have a MySQL directory, so hopefully that's fine. I wouldn't know what to point -I/usr/local/mysql/include/ too, however. Since /usr/include is already being pointed to, I would think that it must provide something different from what -I/usr/local/mysql/include wants.

All directories under /usr/ that either have a MySQL file or MySQL directory
/usr/bin/
/usr/local/bin
/usr/sbin/
/usr/include/mysql
/usr/lib64/mysql/
/usr/share/mysql/

And there's still this line to worry about, too.
LIBDIRS = -L/Library/ -L/usr/lib/ -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/ -L/usr/lib/ -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/

I have no idea what to do about -L/Library/

Last edited by SelfCoded : 10-21-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: /usr/include/ should have been /usr/include/mysql
SelfCoded is offline   Reply With Quote